I've realized that Kellen is a backseat driver. Yesterday and today he suddenly decided that I needed help getting to and from daycare. "Mommy go this way. Mommy go that way." Um...does he think I've forgotten in the last day? I told him that we were going to go and check the mail on the way home and he replied, "Mommy no go that way." What a hoot!
Now for the delayed Santa's Wonderland update (sorry about that...I was too pooped to type last night and fell asleep in the recliner watching TV after putting Kellen to bed!)....So much for what I had hoped to get accomplished around the house after work!
MawMaw, PawPaw, Daddy & I took Kellen to see Santa's Wonderland and the walk around place (the name of that place has now escaped me) next to it on Monday night. He just LOVED the lights...I think his favorite was the frog that leaped and jumped into the water...is anyone at all surprised by this little tidbit of information?? When we were through driving through the lights, we parked and then went into the walk around place sans PawPaw. First stop was actually the pony ride to see if Kellen wanted to try this out, but he declined on the first go-round. So we went to the petting zoo area, which he just loved...Amazingly enough, he went after the fowl...any and all of the fowl, actually...couldn't seem to get enough of them! He wanted to pet the ducks, chickens, and the goose, but just couldn't understand why they weren't as excited about him petting them as he was about petting them. He did get the ducks a couple of times...they seemed to be the most tolerant of all of them towards him! They also had a donkey, one rabbit, little puppies, sheep, goats, and a calf. When I pointed out the donkey and made the reference to Shrek...he was suddenly completely excited about the donkey. Before either his Daddy or I could stop him, he had gone over and kissed the donkey on the side. Oh boy! After we played in there for a good 15 or 20 minutes (at least it seemed like that long), we decided to see if he wanted to ride the pony now that he had been playing with some animals. Sure enough, he did. And he loved it! Daddy strapped him on the pony and walked next to him during his ride. He looked like such a big boy riding the pony! It only lasted for a few minutes, but when it was over and Daddy was taking him off of the pony, he definitely did NOT want to get off.
After the animal adventures, we went to wait in line for the attempt at the Santa picture. Although the wait wasn't that great (the building is cute, but the egress isn't all that great - the entrance and exit are the same path), the Santa himself was wonderful. When we finally got to him, Kellen didn't really want much to do with him. Daddy sat next to Santa with Kellen on his lap and Santa pulled out a photo album and asked Kellen if he wanted to look at pictures of his reindeer. Of course Kellen said yes and they started to look at this photo album, which was a red velvet album and looked ok in the picture, too. Then the Santa started making jokes with Kellen, tickling him in the tummy, etc., making Kellen laugh. Kellen never did fully sit on his lap, but Santa totally impressed Mommy! So this year we have two pictures of Kellen with Santa, and both include Daddy, too!
No comments:
Post a Comment