Saturday, December 24, 2005

Wishing...

Matt and I spent yesterday afternoon driving around looking at houses...some we know we can't afford...Indian Lakes, or is it Village, anyone?...and some that could actually be possibilities at some point in the future. We looked at a brand new one that I fell in love with that was just a little bit out of our price range...then another (4/2) that I adored that was way outta' our league! I love to dream that a 4 bedroom (with walk-in closets in all rooms), 2 1/2 bath, split floor plan with the great-room style Matt and I have come to like, in College Station in either the Southwood Valley area or out where we are now would just drop into our lap, well within our price range...Hey, it's Christmas Eve day...I can dream, right? We'll get there...maybe not the 4 bedroom, because we really don't need that, but the house itself will come in God's timing.

This morning has already been a busy one. We're (I'm) trying to get the last minute details ready for the trip to MawMaw and PawPaw's, and Matt isn't feeling all that well, so he's still in bed...well, he's actually gravitated toward the futon, but you know what I mean. I've gotten some more of the Christmas baking done...scratch the brownies and one batch of the peanut butter fudge off of the list...a couple of batches of no-bake cookies and another recipe of peanut butter fudge, if I have time, and I think I'll call the baking good for this year. No cherry or chocolate pie this year...that would be kinda' hard to transport, considering we have all of the gifts and the dog to get in the truck, in addition to Kellen boy...too much hassle.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment: