Saturday, December 10, 2005

Party

We've just gotten back from Matt's EMS Christmas party and it was so nice! They served steaks and all the trimmings, had Santa bring gifts to all of the kids, and then had a Chinese gift exchange for the adults. Kellen refused to sit on Santa's lap, and just had Daddy take his present from Santa. I can tell already that trying to get a picture with Santa this year for MawMaw Hapes will be very interesting.



See what I mean?? Matt ended up with some coffee mugs and some hot chocolate (which is ok, even though I made more than a half dozen batches of homemade hot chocolate mix today...I'll always drink hot chocolate *grin*), and I ended up with some rechargable halogen light of some sort that Matt was so excited about. The service gave everyone personalized travel coffee mugs with the logo and personalized pens...what a nice treat!

As for our anniversary yesterday, there isn't much to speak of at this point in time. That's not to say it was a bad day, just not much to report. Matt got home from the end of his 36 hour shift and after being away for that long, he pretty much belonged to Kellen for the night, because that little man had really missed his Daddy! They played for a good long while, then Daddy put him down to bed quite a bit later than his normal bedtime. Matt had given me a card prior to going on his shift (on Wednesday) because he knew about the pending bad weather and was worried that something would happen that would cause him to get held over at work and that he might not make it home on Friday...so he figured better early than late. For our actual anniversary celebration, we were planning to go to a cabin in the hill country for a couple of days during the week after Christmas, but I talked with MawMaw today and she regretfully informed me that the person who we were to be borrowing the cabin from had just sold the cabin. Bless her heart, Judy had found out about this yesterday and couldn't bring herself to tell me this on my anniversary...Oh well! We'll just figure out something else to do for a small retreat/escape for a couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment