Sunday, December 18, 2005

Spread the wealth

Well, that's what Kellen did. He spread his little wealth of virus to Mommy on Saturday. Luckily, I didn't actually feel fully ill until after the graduation breakfast was completely done and I was back home...I felt a little yucky for a few hours and then it hit me like a ton of bricks. So much for the fun Gerren family Christmas weekend! Gramma and Pap Pa Gerren were already on their way, and this was the only time that they could do Christmas with us, so we needed to have our Christmas this weekend, really. I kept hoping that maybe it was just something that I had eaten and that it would get out of my system quickly, but no such luck. Matt was wonderfully helpful, because I could barely life a finger, literally. This little virus just took it all out of me!

Despite me and my sidelined illness, Gramma & Pap Pa had a wonderful time with Kellen....is anyone surprised? When they first arrived we decided to postpone the big feast until Saturday night dinner (Pap Pa had made a chicken breast in the slow cooker & we were going to do all of the trimmings- I was so looking forward to that!), they put Kellen down for a late nap then they went to watch the Chronicles of Narnia and I took a very long nap. When they got back and I finally woke up, they ate (I watched) and then we opened up the presents - what fun! Kellen was the official present-opener, I believe, but he was also the official present-deliverer, and did a wonderful job of handing out the presents to the correct people. Then Daddy & Pap Pa went to the mens basketball game and left the women and child at the house. Poor Gramma! With Kellen and I to look after, she barely made a dent in the cleaning up of the kitchen, which she was also trying to do in addition to caring for the two of us. Kellen shocked us...he was playing with his new tool set, pulled out the two blue heart shaped wooded parts, looked at us and said, "Kellen have 2 hearts!" Whoa buddy! He also put together his new puzzle, a much harder one, with very little trouble...he's amazing when it comes to puzzles and it just astounds me!

During the course of the day, Kellen would come over to me and try to interact with me or play with me, etc. He wouldn't understand why I wouldn't really let him, although I would tell him that Mommy didn't feel well. As he said his prayers for the food, he incorporated, "Bless Mommy feel better." Also during the day, I had asked for a quick hug from him and Gramma had mentioned to him that hugs make Mommy and Gramma's happy. He smiled, walked over to me with his arms out and said, "Kellen hug Mommy. Make Mommy happy." Every so ofter he would come over and do that to me. Too cute!

To progress with the sharing, and to show that our household does our fair share of that...it's Matt's turn today. Because of his souped up immune system, his external symptoms aren't near what mine were yesterday, although he's had his share. He's been sleeping virtually all day long, so it's been pretty rough for him and I know that he feels miserable if he's staying in bed that long. As I tucked Kellen into bed tonight, Daddy got a, "Bless Daddy home. Bless Daddy happy feel better." Gramma and I went on a small excursion today...she had some Christmas shopping to do and I was going stir-crazy from being in the house non-stop for so long, so we decided to go to Ross Dress for Less and then TJ Maxx if we had the time. We did pretty well at both places, but were gone much longer than we had originally anticipated, much to Pap Pa's chagrin.

All in all, despite the illnesses, we had a pretty good Christmas weekend. Not much we can or could do about being sick, so we weathered through and made the best of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment